These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our services directly or indirectly (through distributors) made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our website or any of our applications through whatever platform (hereafter collectively referred to as the “website”) and/or by completing a reservation or booking, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below (including the privacy statement).
These pages, the content and infrastructure of these pages, and the online reservations service provided on these pages and through the website (the “Travel Pinto”) are owned, operated and provided by deRedProjectTM. (“Travel Pinto”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and are provided for you subjected to the terms and conditions set out below.
- Scope of our Service
Through the website, we (Travel Pinto and our affiliate (distribution) partners) provide an online platform through which all types of temporary services providers, included accommodations (for example hotels, motels, hostels and bed & breakfasts, collectively the “hotels” and “rentals”), transportations (“Cars” and “Cruises”), Tourism Services (“Tours” and “Activities”), can advertise their services for reservation, and through which visitors to the website can make such reservations. By making a reservation through Travel Pinto, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the services provider at which you book. From the point at which you make your reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the provider, transmitting the details of your reservation to the relevant services provider and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the services provider.
When rendering reservation on Travel Pinto, the information that we disclose is based on the information provided to us by services providers (Hotels, Rentals, Cars, Cruises, Tours, and Activities). As such, the services providers are given access to an extranet through which they are fully responsible for updating all rates, availability and other information which is displayed on our website. Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our services we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete or correct, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), any interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our website or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information. Each accommodation provider remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information (including the rates and availability) displayed on our website. Our website does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, service level, qualification or (star) rating of any accommodations made available.
Our services are made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or services available on our website for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
- Prices and Best Price Guarantee
The prices on our site are highly competitive. All prices for accommodation on the Travel Pinto website are per room for your entire stay and are displayed including VAT tax and all other taxes (subject to change of such taxes), unless stated differently on our website or in the confirmation email.
Sometimes cheaper rates are available on our website for a specific stay at a property, however, these rates made by accommodations providers may carry special restrictions and conditions, for example in respect to cancellation and refund. Please check the room and rate details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
In the event of a crossed-out rate, we look at the prices currently being charged by the property in the 30-day window around your proposed check-in date. From the prices within this window, we display the third-highest price on offer as the crossed-out rate. To ensure we are making a fair comparison, we always use the same reservation conditions (meal plan, cancellation policy and room type). This means that you get the same room for a lower price compared to other check-in dates at the same time of year.
We want you to pay the lowest price possible for your stay. Should you find your accommodation, with the same reservation conditions, at a lower rate on the Internet after you have made a reservation through us, we will match the difference between our rate and the lower rate under the terms and conditions of the Best Price Guarantee.
The currency converter is for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as accurate and real time; actual rates may vary.
Obvious errors and mistakes (including misprints) are not binding.
All special offers and promotions are marked as such.
- Privacy and Cookies
Travel Pinto respects your privacy. Please take a look at our privacy and cookies policy for further information.
- Booking Terms & Conditions
- Tours are booked direct with and operated by a local tour provider in the relevant country. These terms and conditions apply to tours booked through the website ‘travelpinto.com’ however all reservations are operated and handled by the designated tour provider (the ‘Operator’ or ‘Provider’) and all cancellations, changes, complaints, and so on, should be addressed directly. All Operator contact details are provided along with confirmation after booking. From this point on in this document “we” stands for the tour Provider.
- Date or time of departure, pickup, or drop-off, or the content of a tour itinerary, are subject to change or cancellation should unforeseen circumstances occur, at the discretion of the tour operator changes to the itinerary.
- Tourists are obliged to stay with tour at all times. Separation from the group can result in being left behind and in cases where the leader is unable to find the tourists, ‘rescue fee’ will be at customer’s expense.
- Tours are conducted in various sizes of tourism buses, vans and vehicles.
- Daily tours are not suitable for children under age of 4.
- Rates do not include client’s meals, food and beverages unless otherwise specified in the programs.
- A 5% student discount is available on some tours. In order to receive this discount, customer must send photo of valid student ID by email before the day of the tour. Student discount is not cumulative with other discounts. A reduction is granted to children ages 4-12 on certain tours.
- Regular daily tours – all entrance fees included unless stated otherwise.
- Private tours – entrance fees not included unless stated otherwise.
- Special needs: wheelchairs, baby chairs, carriages require advanced notification.
- All daily tours are conducted in English with French, Spanish, German and Russian by request.
- Travelers shall acquire valid passports at their own cost and have them during the whole journey. The Travel Contractor or the Traveler shall be exclusively responsible if it becomes impossible to realize the journey because she/he fails to possess a valid passport.
- All daily tours are conducted in English with French, Spanish, German and Russian by request.
- Tour Operator accepts no liability for direct or consequential loss of personal belongings and recommends that valuable belongings be left at home.
- The contracted price of the journey does not include travel insurances in case of accident and/or health issues during the journey, lost or damaged baggage insurance, journey cancellation insurance or travel health insurance. We recommend for personal health and damage insurance cover to be taken out by each traveler in their native country.
- Operator may at their own discretion require a person to withdraw from any tour if their conduct is deemed to be offensive or to cause annoyance to other passengers, or the person is not able to keep a pace with the remainder of the group to the detriment of the experience of other members. We shall have no further liability for the carriage of such traveler.
- Operator reserves the right to implement alternate locations or make other significant changes to the itinerary, including cancellation, due to force majeur, weather conditions, operational considerations, or imposed security limitations.
- Operator cannot guarantee the provision of services by third party providers such as hotels and in cases where hotels are not available at the confirmed terms, may switch guests to another property of a comparable level.
- Operator will, in case of changes, delay or cancellation in service provided by third parties such as airlines, border agencies, government bodies, or others, attempt to provide solutions to ensure the minimal impact to the schedule, experience, and cost.
- All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort & general well-being.
- During the tour, drivers will not wait more than 15 minutes for late passengers.
- Operator shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the program or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, accident, breakdown of machinery or equipment’s, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, landslides, political closures or any untoward incidents.
- During the tour, drivers or other members of our team might take pictures for marketing purposes. If passengers do not agree with this, please inform a member of our team.
- Credit Card
If applicable and available, we offer you the opportunity for reservations to be paid (wholly or partly and as required under the payment policy of the accommodation) to the accommodation provider during the reservation process by means of secure online payment (all to the extent offered and supported by your bank). Payment is safely processed from your credit/debit card or bank account to the bank account of the service provider or to us through a third party payment processor.
For certain rates or special offers, please note that your credit card may be pre-authorized or charged (sometimes without any option for refund) upon reservation and confirmation of the booking. Please check the tour details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
In the event of credit card fraud or unauthorized use of your credit card by third parties, most banks and credit card companies bear the risk and cover all the charges resulting from such fraud or misuse, which may sometimes be subject to a deductible. In the event that your credit card company or bank charges you the deductible because of unauthorized transactions resulting from a reservation made on our website, we will pay you this deductible, up to an aggregate amount of or the equivalent in your local currency. In order to be indemnified, please make sure that you report this fraud to your credit card provider (in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures) and contact us immediately by email, ([email protected]). Please state ‘credit card fraud’ in the subject line of your email and provide us with evidence of the charged deductible (e.g. policy of the credit card company). This indemnification only applies to credit card reservations made using Travel Pinto’s secure server and the unauthorized use of your credit card resulting through our default or negligence and through no fault of your own while using the secure server.
- Ordering & Cancellation Policy
- Customer will receive an email confirmation once the booking is complete.
- For all the services contracted, certain advance payment should be made to hold the booking, on confirmed basis & the balance amount can be paid either before your departure from your country or upon arrival in Nepal but definitely before the commencement of the services. Management personnel’s hold the right to decide upon the amount to be paid as advance payment, based on the nature of the service & the time left for the commencement of the service.
- Apart from above in some cases like Special Journeys, tours, activities, hotels or resorts bookings during the peak season (X-Mas, New Year), full payment is required to be sent in advance.
- Credit card charges are made in USD or equivalent local currency (NPR).
- In the event of cancellation of tour and travel services due to any avoidable / unavoidable reason/s we must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows:
- 60 day or more deposit only
- 43-59 days to arrival: 40% of the tour/ service cost.
- 29-42 days to arrival: 40% of the tour/ service cost.
- 7-28 days to arrival: 90% of the tour/ service cost.
- 48 hours prior to arrival OR No Show: No Refund
- Note: Written cancellation will accept on all working days, except Sunday, Any cancellation sent on Sunday’s will be considered on next working day (Monday).
- Certain tours might have different policies which are stipulated on their description page. This is particularly notable for package tours where cancelation can in some cases only be made up to 30 days before departure.
- In rare circumstances the operator might have to modify or altogether cancel a tour due to operational reasons or lack of participants. The customer will be informed as early as possible. In this case customers will receive a full refund or the right to switch to an alternative tour or alternative departure for the reserved tour.
- Further Correspondence
By completing a booking, you agree to receive:
- an email which we may send you shortly prior to your arrival date, giving you information on your destination and providing you with certain information and offers (including third party offers to the extent that you have actively opted in for this information) relevant to your reservation and destination, and
- an email which we may send to you promptly after your stay inviting you to complete our guest review form. Please see our privacy and cookies policy for more information about how we may contact you.
- Ranking and Guest Reviews
The default setting of the ranking of hotels on our website is “Recommended” (or any similar wording) (the “Default Ranking”). For your convenience, we also offer other ways to rank the hotel. Please note that the Default Ranking is created through a fully automated ranking system (algorithm) and is based on multiple criteria.
The completed guest review may be:
- uploaded onto the relevant property’s information page on our website for the sole purpose of informing (future) customers of your opinion of the service (level) and quality of the accommodations, and
- (wholly or partly) used and placed by Travel Pinto at its sole discretion (e.g. for marketing, promotion or improvement of our service) on our website or such social media platforms, newsletters, special promotions, apps or other channels owned, hosted, used or controlled by Travel Pinto. We reserve the right to adjust, refuse or remove reviews at our sole discretion. The guest review form should be regarded as a survey and does not include any (further commercial) offers, invitations or incentives whatsoever.
Subject to the limitations set out in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted by law, we shall only be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to an attributable shortcoming of our obligations in respect to our services, up to an aggregate amount of the aggregate cost of your reservation as set out in the confirmation email (whether for one event or series of connected events).
However and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the site and its contents shall be liable for:
- any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim,
- any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability and ratings) of the tours and activities or accommodations as made available on our website,
- the services rendered or the products offered by the accommodation provider or other business partners,
- any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our website, or
- any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, willful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to the accommodation or any of our other business partners (including any of their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies) whose products or service are (directly or indirectly) made available, offered or promoted on or through the website, including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
Whether the property you stay at charges you (or has charged you) for your room, or we are facilitating the payment of the room price, you agree and acknowledge that the property is at all times responsible for the collection, withholding, remittance and payment of the applicable taxes due on the total amount of the room price to the relevant tax authorities. Booking.com is not liable or responsible for the remittance, collection, withholding or payment of the relevant taxes due on the room price to the relevant tax authorities.
- Intellectual property rights
Unless stated otherwise, the software required for our services or available on or used by our website and the intellectual property rights (including the copyrights) of the contents and information of and material on our website are owned by Travel Pinto., its suppliers or providers.
Travel Pinto exclusively retains ownership of all rights, title and interest in and to (all intellectual property rights of) (the look and feel (including infrastructure) of) the website on which the service is made available (including the guest reviews and translated content) and you are not entitled to copy, scrape, (hyper-/deep)link to, publish, promote, market, integrate, utilize, combine or otherwise use the content (including any translations thereof and the guest reviews) or our brand without our express written permission. To the extent that you would (wholly or partly) use or combine our (translated) content (including guest reviews) or would otherwise own any intellectual property rights in the website or any (translated) content or guest reviews, you hereby assign, transfer and set over all such intellectual property rights to Travel Pinto. Any unlawful use or any of the aforementioned actions or behaviour will constitute a material infringement of our intellectual property rights (including copyright and database right).
To the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with law and any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in our country.
The original UK English version of these terms and conditions may have been translated into other languages. The translated version is a courtesy and office translation only and you cannot derive any rights from the translated version. In the event of a dispute about the contents or interpretation of these terms and conditions or inconsistency or discrepancy between the UK English version and any other language version of these terms and conditions, the UK English language version to the extent permitted by law shall apply, prevail and be conclusive. The UK English version is available on our website (by selecting UK English language) or shall be sent to you upon your written request.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and you will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.
- About Travel Pinto and the support companies
The online tours cum accommodation reservation service is rendered by Travel Pinto, which belonged to deRedProjectTM, a private limited liability company, incorporated under laws and having its offices at Kathmandu, Nepal. Travel Pinto Pvt. Ltd. acquires several sister concern companies; SkailashTM, BulkventureTM, trekOteliTM, TrekholicTM, golumbiniTM, MonsterPeaksTM, guzobellTM, citynguidesTM, cartipurTM, MarvelHikeTM, TrekApeTM, airlumbiniTM, HimalayanGorillaAdventureTM and NorthcliffTM. The sister companies support acquiring core roles to and for the benefits of Travel Pinto. All designated sister companies render limited customer care support services(by emails and telephone). The sister companies have their own websites. The sister companies have power and authority to render the service, to represent Travel Pinto or to enter into any contract in the name of, for or on behalf of Travel Pinto. The whole payments process is rendered and handled by Travel Pinto Pvt. Ltd. on behalf of all its sister concern companies.
Travel Pinto and its sister concern is also supported by various affiliated group companies (the “support companies”) throughout the world. The support companies only provide an internal supporting role to and for the benefit of Travel Pinto. Certain designated support companies render limited customer care support services (only by telephone). The support companies do not have any website (and do not in any way control, manage, maintain or host the website). The support companies do not have any power or authority to render the service, to represent Travel Pinto or to enter into any contract in the name of, for or on behalf of Travel Pinto. You do not have a (legal or contractual) relationship with the support companies. The support companies do not operate and are not authorized to act as any form of process or service agent of Travel Pinto. Travel Pinto does not accept nor assume any domicile at any place, location or office in the world (also not at the office of its support companies), other than its registered office.