Langtang Gosaikunda Trek is a wonderful journey in northern belt of himalaya with gorgeous valleys of Langtang region along with the scenic lakes situated at higher altitudes. This trip is ideal combination of the remote and picturesque valley of Langtang with religious and cultural signifance. Gosainkunda is a holy lake; a pilgrimage site for both Buddhists and Hindus and at every year during Janai Purnima in August, hundreds of Hindu pilgrims visit the same lake for a holy bath.
Our trip begins with sighseeing around World Heritage Sites at Kathmandu. The next day we drive along the bank of Trishuli river to reach Syabrubesi leaving behind Dhunche. We pass through verdant forest of rhododendron, oak trees and bamboos escorted by beautiful langtang range and get opportunity to be familier with culture, tradition and religion that goes back hundreds of years and the craftsmanship, dress and stone-mud houses are testimony of this ancient background of Tamang Community. ” Kyangjin Ri” is view point of which greets with spectacular views of Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakhpa, Ganesh Himal, Mt. Shishapangma and other peaks bordering with Tibet.
Trip Highlights :
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi via mountain terrain
- Explore Kyanjin Gompa, an old Buddhist shrine
- Panoramic view of Mt. Langtang-ri, Langsisa, Langtang Himal, Ganjala peak, Mt. Shishapangma and other peaks bordering with Tibet.
- Hike through lush forests, quaint villages, abundant wildlife and astounding views of the majestic Himalayas.
- Visit holy lake Gosaikunda (4460m)