Khopra Ridge Trek is a newly opened trekking routes in Annapurna region area featuring amazing mountain views, pastoral villages, and rice fields layered on top of each other which descends down into the valley. The site is spectacular and is gaining popularity twice a day and four fold a night. This trek is the best alternative to commercial and crowded treks in Annapurna Region. Khopra Ridge is one the best viewpoint and magnificent panoramic views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna I, II, III and south, Hiunchuli, Mt. Fishtail, Mt. Lamjung Himal, Mt. Nilgiri and Mt. Manaslu. This trek also grant opportunity to acquaint with blood drinking culture of Yak.
Khopra Ridge Trek begins from Pokhara after sightseeing around World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu. We weave our route through rhododendron forest, juniper trees, quaint villages and lush vegetation with tropical bushes line escorted by beautiful mountain scenery. During this journey, we follow the most popular Ghandruk-Ghorepani trail till Tadapani and take remote trail to Khopra ridge for next few days. We reach at Kopra lodge at 3,660m slightly higher than Poon Hill at 3210m ; We return to Ghorepani via Swata village on the way and take the original trail of the Ghorepani trek and return to Pokhara then to Kathmandu.
Khopra Rigde Route Map :
Kathmandu – Pokhara – Ghandruk – Tadapani – Dobato- Chistibung- Khopra Ridge- Swanta Village- Ulleri- Nayapul –Kathmandu
Khopra Ridge trek is also called Khopra Danda Trek, Khopra Community Trek, Annapurna Short Trek and can be done in 9 days as well on having limited time bound.
Trip Highlights of Khopra Community Trek :
- Easy and less crowed trek in Annapurna Region.
- Trek through lush rhododendron forests, mountain villages.
- Encounter monasteries, temples and stunning landscapes.
- Amazing sunrise view over Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna Range from Khorpa Ridge.
- Stay at a teahouse with one of Nepal’s best panoramic views.
- Descend through pastoral villages on your way down to Tatopani.
- Extra day hike to Khayer Lake, a sacred lake at the foot of Annapurna South.
- Sightseeing around the Kathmandu Valley including UNESCO world heritage sites.